G&L Tribute® Series Basses
Shown in Gloss White
Three decades ago, the G&L L-2000™ bass served notice that company founder Leo Fender† was ready to disrupt the status quo. The bold, brash L-2000 has always been an exhilarating experience for players with the skill to pull it off. Now the new M-2000™ and M-2500 harness that power with a sonic palate that will surprise and delight new and die-hard G&L fans alike.
The M-2000 GTB packs all the innovations of the M-2000 into a bass that’s got a style all its own. With its Gloss White, black-bound carved basswood body and matching headstock, this bass has killer stage presence. But its sexy looks are just the beginning.
Leo’s MFD™ humbuckers have always been the heart of the iconic L-Series. In the all-new M-Series, these powerhouses are voiced to fully exploit a studio-quality 18v preamp system specially designed for them. With an LF442 chip, 100v poly caps, 1% metal film resistors and big, fat signal traces on the mil-spec circuit board, this preamp reveals everything the player and the instrument have to offer. And there’s even more:
- • Primary volume and pan controls to explore the full range of sounds available between the two pickups
- • 3-band EQ with peripherally placed, center-detent, reduced-diameter knobs
- • An impeccable, familiar “feel” of the instrument in the hands and on the shoulder
- • The return of the classic “C”-shape 1 5/8” neck, discontinued by G&L in the 1980s
For slapping, rolling back some highs and dialing up some lows, coupled with a mid-range boost, magnifies the intensity that Leo’s humbuckers are famous for. Need more definition for fingerstyle? Just bring up the treble and roll off the bass for a nuanced and detailed sound. Headroom? The new M-Series preamp harnesses the power of those meaty MFD humbuckers without a hint of clipping. The best tools are simple, intuitive and easy to use, and that’s exactly what you’ll find in the new M-Series package. Truly, it’s the evolution of Leo’s revolution.
The best tools are simple, intuitive and easy to use, and that’s exactly what you’ll find in the new M-Series package. Truly, it’s the evolution of Leo’s revolution. The Tribute® Series M-2000 GTB packs all this goodness at a price attainable for every working musician. Once you play a G&L Tribute Series, you’ll never look back.
The G&L name, stylized G&L logo, distinctive "hook" headstock design, Tribute, L-2000, M-2000, Saddle-Lock, Magnetic Field Design and MFD are registered trademarks or trademarks of G&L Musical Instruments / BBE Sound, Inc.
† The personal name, likeness and signature of Mr. Clarence Leo Fender are property of G&L Musical Instruments / BBE Sound, Inc. and may not be used in any commercial capacity without prior approval. For enquiries regarding the use of the "Leo Fender" name, likeness or signature, please contact us. G&L is not associated with Fender Musical Instruments Corporation.
- CONSTRUCTION: bolt-on
- SCALE: 34"
- PICKUPS: Two M-spec G&L MFD™ humbucking pickups made in Fullerton, California
- BODY WOOD: black bound Basswood
- NECK WOOD: Hard-Rock Maple with Rosewood fingerboard
- NECK WIDTH AT NUT: 1 5/8"
- NECK RADIUS: 12"
- NECK PROFILE: medium C
- FRETS: 21 medium jumbo, nickel
- TUNING KEYS: Traditional open-back
- BRIDGE: Leo Fender-designed G&L Saddle-Lock™
- ELECTRONICS: G&L M-spec 18v preamp, volume, pan, 3-band boost/cut EQ with center detents