The year 1980 brought many significant events that still reverberate through our lives:
- Ronald Reagan was elected President of the United States
- Bill Gates licensed a computer operating system called MS-DOS to IBM
- The first fax machine and domestic camcorder were introduced in Japan
- The passing of John Lennon
- George Fullerton and Leo Fender† founded G&L Musical Products
The G&L company was Leo Fender’s vision, an avenue for him to pioneer new ideas in guitar and bass design. At G&L, Leo's engineering brilliance rewarded musicians around the world, as he focused all the knowledge and experience he had gained in the prior thirty years to create, in his words, "the finest instruments I have ever made."
In celebration of 30 years of fine instrument making, G&L is proud to announce the release of the 30th Anniversary Collection of instruments made in the historic G&L facility on Fender Avenue in Fullerton, California.
View the 30th Anniversary models
† The personal name, likeness and signature of Mr. Clarence Leo Fender are property of G&L Musical Instruments / BBE Sound, Inc. and may not be used in any commercial capacity without prior approval. For commercial enquiries regarding the use of the "Leo Fender" name, likeness or signature, please contact us. G&L is not associated with Fender Musical Instruments Corporation.