G&L USA Basses
Black Ice M-2500
Available for a limited time
Three decades ago, the G&L L-2000™ bass served notice that company founder Leo Fender† was ready to disrupt the status quo. The bold, brash L-2000 and the L-2500™ five-string that followed have always been an exhilarating experience for players with the skill to pull it off. Now the new M-2000 and M-2500 harness that power with a sonic palate that will surprise and delight new and die-hard G&L fans alike.
Leo’s MFD™ humbuckers have always been the heart of the iconic L-Series. In the all-new M-Series, these powerhouses are voiced to fully exploit a studio-quality 18v preamp system specially designed by G&L’s R&D wizard Paul Gagon. With an LF442 chip, 100v poly caps, 1% metal film resistors and big, fat signal traces on the mil-spec circuit board, this preamp reveals everything the player and the instrument have to offer. And there’s even more:
- Primary volume and pan controls to explore the full range of sounds available between the two pickups
- 3-band EQ with peripherally placed, center-detent, reduced-diameter knobs
- An impeccable, familiar "feel" of the instrument in the hands and on the shoulder
For slapping, rolling back some highs and dialing up some lows, coupled with a mid-range boost, magnifies the intensity that Leo’s humbuckers are famous for. Need more definition for fingerstyle? Just bring up the treble and roll off the bass for a nuanced and detailed sound. Headroom? The new M-Series preamp harnesses the power of those meaty MFD humbuckers without a hint of clipping. The best tools are simple, intuitive and easy to use, and that’s exactly what you’ll find in the new M-series package. Truly, it’s the evolution of Leo’s revolution.
This M-2500 shows its darker side thanks to a Nearly Naked™ (NENA) Black Ice finish over its swamp ash body. Its hard-rock maple neck features an easy-playing satin finish, while its contemporary 12” radius and Plek-dressed medium-jumbo nickel frets deliver silky playability. What’s more, the M-2500 features an innovative Leo Fender-designed Saddle-Lock™ bridge to transfer string energy right into the body end-grain for an incredibly resonant instrument. The moment you open the luxurious Tolex hardshell case made by G&G Quality Case, you’ll be greeted with an instrument of timeless elegance and a delicious aroma that’ll have your pulse racing.
The G&L name, stylized G&L logo, distinctive “hook” headstock design, L-2000, M-2000, M-2500, Magnetic Field Design, MFD, Saddle Lock, Nearly Naked and NENA are registered trademarks or trademarks of G&L Musical Instruments / BBE Sound, Inc.
† The personal name, likeness and signature of Mr. Clarence Leo Fender are property of G&L Musical Instruments / BBE Sound, Inc. and may not be used in any commercial capacity without prior approval. For enquiries regarding the use of the "Leo Fender" name, likeness or signature, please contact us. G&L is not associated with Fender Musical Instruments Corporation.
- PICKUPS: 2 G&L MFD™ humbucking pickups
- BODY WOOD: 2-piece Swamp Ash
- BODY FINISH: Nearly Naked™ (NENA) Black Ice
- NECK WOOD: Hard Rock Maple with Maple fingerboard
- NECK FINISH: Clear Satin
- NECK PROFILE: G&L #10 with 12" radius
- FRETS: Medium Jumbo; processed by PLEK
- TUNING KEYS: Custom G&L Ultra-Lite™ with aluminum tapered string posts
- BRIDGE: G&L Saddle Lock™ with chrome-plated brass saddles
- ELECTRONICS: G&L M-spec 18v preamp, volume, pan, 3-band boost/cut EQ with center detents
- CASE: Deluxe Hardshell Tolex Case