G&L USA Basses
Shown in Natural Gloss over Swamp Ash, Hard Rock Maple neck with Rosewood fingerboard and Clear Satin neck finish
When Leo Fender† launched the G&L L-2000™ bass in 1980, it was clear he was ready to make history all over again. Never before had such a wide range of tones come from a single bass, and throughout its evolution the iconic L-2000 has continued to win the hearts of bassists of every style and musical taste.
The foundation of the L-2000 is a pair of G&L Magnetic Field Design™ humbuckers backed by the flexible Tri-Tone™ control system, providing the sort of versatility that’ll let you find your tone no matter what kind of bass line you’re laying down. The Tri-Tone system features a trio of mini toggles for pickup selection, series/parallel signal routing and active/passive operation, as well as a trio of knobs for volume, treble and bass. With all that under the hood, Leo gave the L-2000 the kind of chops that’ll fit in any situation, from classic R&B to power-packed rock to poppin’ funk. What’s more, the L-2000 features an innovative Leo Fender-designed Saddle-Lock™ bridge to transfer string energy right into the body end-grain for an incredibly resonant instrument. On the other end is a comfortable, C-shaped neck checking in with a modern 12" radius and 21 Plek-processed medium-jumbo nickel frets ready to deliver silky playability.
Made in Leo Fender’s historic G&L facility on Fender Avenue in Fullerton, California, the L-2000 is available with a wide range of custom options including body and neck woods, body and neck finishes, and neck profiles.
The G&L name, stylized G&L logo, distinctive "hook" headstock design, L-2000, L-2500, M-2000, M-2500, Saddle-Lock, Magnetic Field Design and MFD are registered trademarks or trademarks of G&L Musical Instruments / BBE Sound, Inc.
† The personal name, likeness and signature of Mr. Clarence Leo Fender are property of G&L Musical Instruments / BBE Sound, Inc. and may not be used in any commercial capacity without prior approval. For enquiries regarding the use of the "Leo Fender" name, likeness or signature, please contact us. G&L is not associated with Fender Musical Instruments Corporation.
- PICKUPS: Two G&L Magnetic Field humbucking pickups
- BODY WOOD: Alder on Standard and all solid finishes, Swamp Ash on Premier Finishes
- NECK WOOD: Hard Rock Maple with Rosewood or Maple fingerboard
- NECK PROFILE: G&L #12 with 12" radius and 1 5/8 " nut-width
- FRETS: Medium Jumbo; processed by PLEK
- TUNING KEYS: Custom G&L "Ultra-Lite" with aluminum tapered string posts
- BRIDGE: Leo Fender-designed G&L Saddle Lock with chrome-plated brass saddles
- ELECTRONICS: Tri-Tone™ system with 3-position pickup selector, series/parallel switch, 3-position pre-amp mode switch, volume, treble, bass
- CASE: Deluxe Hardshell Tolex Case