G&L USA Guitars
Savannah Collection ASAT® Bass
2013 Limited Edition. View the whole Savannah Collection.
Leo Fender† always knew that a Mahogany body and his G&L MFD™ bass humbuckers are a delicious combination; in fact, the earliest L-2000s had Mahogany bodies for deep, warm tones. The Korina Collection of 2011 further explored the what the ASAT® Bass could do, bridging the gap between the depth of Mahogany and the focused midrange of Alder, a tasty destination where punchy funk and heavy rock riffs abound.
The Korina ASAT Bass was epic with its power and presence, but we never stop pushing the envelope. The Savannah ASAT Bass reimagines MFD tones with a combination of Okoume (a type of Equatorial Mahogany), and Korina. The resulting Savannah is our most exotic ASAT Bass yet, destined to resonate in ways no G&L bass has before.
G&L fans know the MFD humbuckers are very punchy, with their potent midrange. In the Savannah ASAT Bass, the soft, open grain of the semi-hollow Okoume body softens the attack and allows each note to bloom with a complex blend of up-front mids that transition into a thick bottom end.
The tight grain and high density of the Korina top is an ideal complement, enhancing the upper harmonics to keep note definition crisp and clear. The result is magic: the Savannah ASAT Bass comes alive in an incredibly airy, three-dimensional experience.
If there's one thing we've learned from all this, it’s that Leo's innovative MFD humbuckers and Tri-Tone™ control system can stretch further than he imagined. So it's up to us to push the envelope, and the Savannah ASAT Bass does it in spades.
The G&L name, stylized G&L logo, distinctive "hook" headstock design, ASAT, Magnetic Field Design, MFD, Tri-Tone and Saddle Lock are registered trademarks or trademarks of G&L Musical Instruments / BBE Sound, Inc.
† The personal name, likeness and signature of Mr. Clarence Leo Fender are property of G&L Musical Instruments / BBE Sound, Inc. and may not be used in any commercial capacity without prior approval. For enquiries regarding the use of the "Leo Fender" name, likeness or signature, please contact us. G&L is not associated with Fender Musical Instruments Corporation.
- PICKUPS: G&L Magnetic Field Design humbuckers
- BODY WOOD: Semi-Hollow Okoume with Korina top
- BODY FINISH: G&L Old School Tobacco Sunburst
- NECK WOOD: Quartersawn Hard Rock Maple with Pau Ferro fingerboard
- NECK FINISH: Light Tint Gloss
- NECK PROFILE: G&L #8 with 12" radius
- FRETS: Medium Jumbo; processed by PLEK
- TUNING KEYS: Custom G&L "Ultra-Lite" with aluminum tapered string posts
- BRIDGE: G&L Saddle Lock with chrome-plated brass saddles
- CONTROLS: G&L Tri-Tone active/passive electronics, 3-way mini-toggle pickup selector, series/parallel mini-toggle, preamp control mini-toggle (off/on/on with high end EQ boost)
- CASE: Deluxe Hardshell Tolex Case