G&L USA Guitars
Savannah Collection ASAT® Classic Bluesboy™
2013 Limited Edition. View the whole Savannah Collection.
From hip-hop to alternative to straight-ahead American rock’n’roll, the G&L Bluesboy™ delivers the goods. And the marriage of the Seymour Duncan Seth Lover neck humbucker to the single-coil G&L Magnetic Field Design™ bridge pickup is a match made in heaven.
Just ask George Pajon, Jr. of the Black Eyed Peas, Ben Gibbard of Death Cab For Cutie, or Brad Whitford of Aerosmith. The Bluesboy has seen a variety of woods in solid and semi-hollow bodies, but the Savannah is our most adventurous yet.
The MFD™ bridge pickup is a bright, powerful pickup, and the open grain of the semi-hollow Okoume body softens the bite while the tight grain of the dense Korina top retains high-end sparkle. The Seth Lover neck humbucker turns out a particularly warm and smooth performance here, with an added feel of acoustic air around individual notes. No Bluesboy we make comes closer to the 335 neck tone.
Meanwhile, the middle position nails that Death Cab rhythm jangle — gorgeous clean tones, sparkly yet warm and well balanced.
Put it all together and you've got a fresh twist on Bluesboy tones in a beautiful, comfortable, well-balanced guitar. If you're a fan of the Bluesboy, you’re going to love this one.
The G&L name, stylized G&L logo, distinctive "hook" headstock design, ASAT, Bluesboy, Magnetic Field Design and MFD are registered trademarks or trademarks of G&L Musical Instruments / BBE Sound, Inc.
† The personal name, likeness and signature of Mr. Clarence Leo Fender are property of G&L Musical Instruments / BBE Sound, Inc. and may not be used in any commercial capacity without prior approval. For enquiries regarding the use of the "Leo Fender" name, likeness or signature, please contact us. G&L is not associated with Fender Musical Instruments Corporation.
- PICKUPS: Neck - Seymour Duncan Seth Lover humbucker, Bridge - G&L MFD single coil
- BODY WOOD: Semi-Hollow Okoume with Korina top
- BODY FINISH: G&L Old School Tobacco Sunburst
- NECK WOOD: Quartersawn Hard Rock Maple with Pau Ferro fingerboard
- NECK FINISH: Light Tint Gloss
- NECK PROFILE: G&L #1 with 12" radius
- FRETS: Medium Jumbo; processed by PLEK
- TUNING KEYS: 12:1 ratio, sealed lubrication, adjustable knob tension
- BRIDGE: traditional boxed steel bridge with individual brass saddles
- CONTROLS: 3-position pickup selector, volume, tone
- PICKGUARD: Single-ply black pickguard
- CASE: Deluxe Hardshell Tolex Case