G&L USA Guitars
Savannah Collection ASAT® Deluxe II
2013 Limited Edition. View the whole Savannah Collection.
The ASAT Deluxe II is back following its debut with the Korina Collection in 2011 and return engagement with the Black Ice Collection. Now we're not usually ones to play favorites, but this is our favorite Deluxe II yet. The Savannah ASAT Deluxe II features one of our favorite humbucker pairings from our friends at Seymour Duncan, the ’59N in the neck position and the hot-rodded JB model TB-4 in back.
For a stock G&L Bluesboy, the sweet, mellow Seth Lover is the right choice. But for this ASAT Deluxe II, the slightly hotter and splittable ’59N is ideal. We've executed the soft body/dense top combination in a unique way to achieve greater accentuation of the softer, deeper tones without stifling the top end. The semi-hollow Okoume body coaxes the ’59N to deliver a rich low response while the dense Korina top adds definition to every note. You don't want to pull in a flat-9 chord and hear it go to mush. The unique Okoume/Korina combination lets you hear every one of those notes.
At the bridge, the TB4 is an aggressive pickup with a lot of output, and we like it because it retains the power of the midrange while giving crisp definition to the upper harmonics. It's certainly not a metal pickup, but for moderate to heavy rock it’s spectacular, able to can hang in there, handle plenty of overdrive, and flat-out wail. In the right guitar, it can deliver a great tonal balance from top to bottom.
In the Savannah Deluxe II, the open grain of the Okoume body softens the attack and accentuates the mids and lows of the TB4, while the tight grain and high density of the Korina top offer counterbalance, projecting top-end harmonics for robust note definition. In this guitar, the TB4 can summon thick, creamy distortion yet serve up a crisp, sparkling jangle when split.
Like every ASAT Deluxe, the Savannah Deluxe II is about stretching what a twin-humbucker guitar is capable of. It's about maximizing flexibility and finding tones where others have given up searching. The Savannah ASAT Deluxe II does it, with impeccable grace, timeless beauty and play-all-night comfort.
The G&L name, stylized G&L logo, distinctive "hook" headstock design, Custom Creations and ASAT are registered trademarks or trademarks of G&L Musical Instruments / BBE Sound, Inc.
- PICKUPS: Neck - Seymour Duncan '59 (SH-1), Bridge - Seymour Duncan JB (TB-4)
- BODY WOOD: Semi-Hollow Okoume with Korina top
- BODY FINISH: G&L Old School Tobacco Sunburst
- NECK WOOD: Quartersawn Hard Rock Maple with Pau Ferro fingerboard
- NECK FINISH: Light Tint Gloss
- NECK PROFILE: G&L #1 with 12" radius
- FRETS: Medium Jumbo; processed by PLEK
- TUNING KEYS: 12:1 ratio, sealed lubrication, adjustable knob tension
- BRIDGE: TonePros T3BT locking bridge with T1Z locking tailpiece
- CONTROLS: 3-position pickup selector, volume, tone
- PICKGUARD: Single-ply black pickguard
- CASE: Deluxe Hardshell Tolex Case