G&L USA Guitars
Shown in Blue Metal Flake with matching headstock, rosewood fingerboard, 3-ply white pickguard and white pickup covers.
The G&L Comanche® is Leo’s final word on the traditional double-cutaway bolt-on axe, and the ASAT Z-3 is like packing a Comanche into an ASAT body. Like the Comanche, the first thing you’ll notice about the ASAT Z-3 is the distinctive shape of the Magnetic Field Design™ Z-Coil™ pickups designed by Leo Fender† himself. These pickups deliver a bright and sparkly top end while offering a robust bottom end, all without any 60-cycle hum.
You’ll find plenty of power in the Z-coil pickups, but what’s surprising is how glassy and detailed they become as you roll back the volume. What’s more, the ASAT Z-3 includes a push/pull tone pot to allow neck+bridge or all three pickups together. In a pinch, the neck+bridge combo does a convincing faux ASAT® Special. Talk about versatile! And like the ASAT Special, the Z-3 maximizes sustain with Leo’s Saddle-Lock™ bridge which transfers string energy right into the body end-grain for an incredibly resonant instrument.
Founded by Leo Fender in 1980, the Comanche and all G&L USA instruments continue to be made in the historic G&L facility on Fender Avenue in Fullerton, California, the Birthplace of Bolt-on™.
Due to the offset pickup design, the ASAT Z-3 is available in Right-Hand only.
The G&L name, stylized G&L logo, distinctive "hook" headstock design, ASAT, Comanche, Dual-Fulcrum, Saddle Lock, Magnetic Field Design and MFD are registered trademarks or trademarks of G&L Musical Instruments / BBE Sound, Inc.
† The personal name, likeness and signature of Mr. Clarence Leo Fender are property of G&L Musical Instruments / BBE Sound, Inc. and may not be used in any commercial capacity without prior approval. For enquiries regarding the use of the "Leo Fender" name, likeness or signature, please contact us. G&L is not associated with Fender Musical Instruments Corporation.
- CONSTRUCTION: bolt-on
- SCALE: 25 1/2"
- PICKUPS: Leo Fender†-designed G&L MFD™ Z-Coil™ hum-cancelling
- BODY WOOD: Swamp Ash on Premier Finishes, Alder on Standard Finishes
- NECK WOOD: Hard-Rock Maple with Maple or Rosewood fingerboard
- NECK PROFILE: G&L Modern Classic with 9 1/2" radius
- NUT: 100% natural bone
- FRETS: 22 medium jumbo, Jescar 57110 18% nickel silver
- TUNING KEYS: 12:1 ratio, sealed-back
- BRIDGE: Leo Fender-designed G&L Saddle-Lock™ with chrome-plated brass saddles
- CONTROLS: 5-position pickup selector, volume, treble with push/pull enabling additional pickup combinations of neck+bridge or all three pickups together.
- CASE: deluxe Tolex hardshell