G&L USA Guitars
Shown in Honey over swamp ash, Original Floyd Rose vibrato
ebony fingerboard, black headstock
Since the mid '80s, G&L has made some of the meanest machines around, from the Rampage® to the Superhawk™. The Invader was a sister model to those two, but in the '90s Invader took on the slim body shape it has today. Invader XL puts down the power with two G&L humbuckers just as the legendary Superhawk did, with a coil-split to bring out single coil tones as well.
Invader XL's hard-rock maple neck features an easy-playing satin finish, fast 12" radius and Jescar 57110 medium-jumbo nickel-silver frets for silky playability. The moment you open the luxurious hardshell case, you’ll be greeted with a stunning instrument and delicious aroma that’ll have your pulse racing.
Founded by Leo Fender in 1980, G&L USA instruments continue to be made in the historic G&L facility on Fender Avenue in Fullerton, California, the Birthplace of Bolt-on™.
The G&L name, stylized G&L logo, distinctive "hook" headstock design, Legacy, Comanche, Invader, S-500, Dual-Fulcrum and PTB are registered trademarks or trademarks of G&L Musical Instruments / BBE Sound, Inc.
† The personal name, likeness and signature of Mr. Clarence Leo Fender are property of G&L Musical Instruments / BBE Sound, Inc. and may not be used in any commercial capacity without prior approval. For enquiries regarding the use of the "Leo Fender" name, likeness or signature, please contact us. G&L is not associated with Fender Musical Instruments Corporation.
- CONSTRUCTION: bolt-on
- SCALE: 25 1/2"
- PICKUPS: Neck - G&L AS4255; Bridge - G&L AW4370
- BODY WOOD: Swamp Ash on Premier Finishes, Alder on Standard Finishes
- NECK WOOD: Hard-Rock Maple with Maple or Rosewood fingerboard
- NECK PROFILE: G&L Modern Classic with 12" radius
- NUT: 100% natural bone (optional Floyd Rose)
- FRETS: 22 medium jumbo, Jescar 57110 18% nickel silver
- TUNING KEYS: 12:1 ratio, sealed-back
- BRIDGE: Choice of G&L Saddle Lock™ or Dual-Fulcrum™ vibrato with brass saddles (optional Floyd Rose)
- CONTROLS: 3-way pickup selector, volume, tone with push/pull coil split for humbucker
- CASE: deluxe Tolex hardshell