G&L USA Guitars
Shown in Sonic Blue with 3-ply Mint pickguard and knobs
Hard Rock Maple neck with Rosewood fingerboard and Vintage Tint Gloss neck finish
The G&L Legacy™ Special blends contemporary refinements from the Leo Fender†-designed S-500™ and Comanche® models with potent blade 'buckers designed by Paul Gagon . And not all blade pickups are the same; while all humbucking, there's a fine line between going for power and losing that characteristic chime and quack or classic single coils. If you're up for a meatier tone but don't want to stray too far, the Legacy Special makes for an excellent choice.
Just like the Alnico-equipped Legacy, the Legacy Special includes Leo’s PTB™ (Passive Treble and Bass) system which functions on all three pickups for dramatically more variety than the vintage setup. What’s more, the Legacy Special features a Leo Fender-designed Dual-Fulcrum vibrato, a work of engineering art which allows bending up or down with unsurpassed stability, while offering a silky feel through its beefy aluminum vibrato arm. The Legacy Specials’s hard-rock maple neck features an easy-playing satin finish, while its 12” radius lets you bend notes deeply and its Plek-dressed medium-jumbo nickel frets deliver silky playability. The moment you open the luxurious deluxe Tolex hardshell case, you’ll be greeted with a stunning instrument and delicious aroma that’ll have your pulse racing.
Founded by Leo Fender in 1980, G&L USA instruments continue to be made in the historic G&L facility on Fender Avenue in Fullerton, California, the Birthplace of Bolt-on™.
The G&L name, stylized G&L logo, distinctive "hook" headstock design, Legacy, Comanche, S-500, Dual-Fulcrum and PTB are registered trademarks or trademarks of G&L Musical Instruments / BBE Sound, Inc.
† The personal name, likeness and signature of Mr. Clarence Leo Fender are property of G&L Musical Instruments / BBE Sound, Inc. and may not be used in any commercial capacity without prior approval. For enquiries regarding the use of the "Leo Fender" name, likeness or signature, please contact us. G&L is not associated with Fender Musical Instruments Corporation.
- CONSTRUCTION: bolt-on
- SCALE: 25 1/2"
- PICKUPS: G&L Dual-Blade in neck and middle position, G&L Power-Blade in bridge position
- BODY WOOD: Swamp Ash on Premier Finishes, Alder on Standard Finishes
- NECK WOOD: Hard-Rock Maple with Maple or Rosewood fingerboard
- NECK PROFILE: G&L #1 with 12" radius and 1 5/8" nut-width
- NUT: Graph-Tech self-lubricating
- FRETS: 22 medium jumbo, nickel, Plek dressed
- TUNING KEYS: 12:1 ratio, sealed-back
- BRIDGE: Leo Fender-designed G&L Dual-Fulcrum™ vibrato with chrome plated brass saddles
- CONTROLS: 5-position pickup selector, volume, treble, bass (PTB system)
- CASE: G&G deluxe tolex hardshell