Bass Player Reviews The G&L MJ-4 Bass
Bass Player Magazine has a great review of the G&L MJ-4 bass in the October 2013 issue. Ed Friedland wrote the text and had some really nice things to say like:
- "I loved the feel of the satin #12 neck; it's a great mid-point between the P and J profile"
- "The bass sounded like a great active J with exceptional note clarity, punch, and a flexible EQ system"
- "The preamp is powerful, and seems well tuned to the pickup response"
- "The MJ-4 is an excellent addition to the world of active J basses, and considering it's champion bloodlines and U.S.-built pedigree, the bass not only stands out as a bargain compared to imports of the same price (or higher), it gives its siblings a run for their money."
In conclusion, Mr. Friedland states what we have known about the MJ-4 all along. But it's nice to hear it from someone else!
- Pros: Punchy active J-Bass tone, great build quality, competitively priced.
- Cons: None
- Bottom Line: The G&L Guitars MJ-4 is a top-notch American-made J-style 4-string at a price that's hard to beat.
Pick up a copy of Bass Player at your favorite music retailer today or visit them on-line at www.bassplayer.com. To find out more about the G&L MJ-4 bass, click here.